Saturday, September 09, 2006

So it shall be done....

He finally took my calls the Tuesday or Wednesday following our conversation, but, things were no longer the same. He claimed that he was not upset with me but I could feel the difference in our interactions. He was calculated now and aloof.

He claimed that he would try and get out here to see me but it has not happened. After that week, he has called a few times, but he no longer leaves a voicemail. I have sent him text messages and he no longer responds.

There is little reason to give it my attention any longer. The thing about it is that just about from the very beginning, I realized that he was trouble and that I should not deal with him. Once I'd sampled from the figurative Tree of Knowledge, however, I was unable to eat and be satisfied anyplace else.

So he has turned his attentions to other people and other things. It is for the best. I don't believe that I had the strength to walk away from him even though I knew that he was bad for me.

I can be grateful then, that he is doing this, because ultimately, he is not the one for me. If he were, he would not do the things that he has done because the thought of losing me would bother him enough for him to communicate with me and compell him to try and see me.

No comments: