Saturday, September 09, 2006

I got the job!

I got the job at the wireless company that I have been temping at for the last month and a half or so.

I interviewed with the Area Director on Wednesday and at the conclusion of my interview, she offered me the job! In addition to that, she offered me my goal salary for 2006-$40,000.00. I am ecstatic!

I will be going to New Orleans for business this month (9/25-9/28) and I am stoked!

While my "love life" has been on the fritz for at least the last year or two, I am working toward and meeting many of my professional and academic goals.

I suppose that I may never find anyone with whom I can relate and share a great passion. If that turns out to be the truth, I will have to accept it and try and see the silver linings for the gray skies in my mind. :)

My best friend and I have been talking for a couple of weeks now and it made me reflect the other day. We are both maturing in some ways and also healing. She has been so busy with the hair braiding that she has not got as much time to focus on the areas of her life that she cannot control, such as finding a suitable partner. I know that the desire to have someone who cares for her and she for them has not been diminished by her increased activities (she's back in school as well and three classes away from her AA degree!), but it has certainly helped her to feel better overall.

It pleases me that we can be busy with good work that is honorable and helps us to feel more whole.

No comments: