Sunday, October 01, 2006

Things never really change

Why did Bright call me this evening and told me that he's with someone? Of course, he didn't just say it, but rather after shooting the shit for a little bit, he casually threw in there that he was kicking it with a lady friend. When I finally acknowledged it by saying so you're with someone now, eh? He admitted it and we discussed how long they've known each other and how they've been really kicking it for the last month or so.

I don't understand the desire to call me in Sacramento to tell me this. I don't understand what sort of response he was seeking, but, certainly, I was not willing to go off and get all upset about the fact that he was obviously not holding himself out for me. *sigh*

Why in the hell do I always manage to get into this sort of situation with someone? If I am not the friend who wants more, I wind up with a bunch of friends that I don't want either way.

I should feel insulted, but, after a weekend of coming to terms for the millionth time in the last 16 months that a man isn't going to be mine that I want, I am certainly used to this crap.

No comments: