Monday, June 25, 2007

What changed?

My bestfriend told me that although I've complained that the guy that I was seeing has changed...I have also changed.

I have decided to do an assessment to see how I have changed since meeting him. I am going to document the characteristics that I displayed initially and see if there is much of a difference now.
  1. Open mind--I decided to keep an open mind despite what others were saying about him and his circumstances.
  2. Expectations--I placed no expectations on him as I was still trying to get over Damien. I simply stated what I was seeking--nothing that was just sex and left it at that (after the first few days of agonizing that he'd told everyone about my late night visit).
  3. Take him at his word--I decided that I would trust him and take him at his word---in spite of the rumors and what others said. This was what I would do so that I could sleep at night without stressing myself out.
  4. Positive--I always had a positive attitude and nice things to say. I was feeling positive about things in general and it showed.
  5. Openly affectionate--I was openly affectionate with him and expressed my desire for him without hesitation.
  6. Communication--I was less verbally forthcoming about my feelings for him.
  7. Available--I was often readily available to talk to him whenever he called and wanted to see me.
  8. Fun--I had fun when I was with him and looked forward to spending time with him in order to have fun.
  9. Spontaneous--I was spontaneous when it came to spending time with him.
  10. Options--I had other options and was with him because I wanted to be---not because I felt that I had to be.

No comments: