Wednesday, April 20, 2005

Under my skin

I've got strep throat! :( I developed a bit of a sore throat last night while I was working. By eight or nine this morning, I had an ear ache to boot! I called my physician's office, ( did I mention that I have the sexiest Asian man for a doctor?), and tried to get a prescription called in for an ear infection. The receptionist told me that they'd want me to come in to be sure that that's what it was rather than something else. I went in and sure enough, it was strep! I've got body aches and chills. My throat is still sore but feeling somewhat better now that I'm taking the tylenol and antibiotics. Boy, what a day!


I spoke with P and she seems to be doing a little better. I got over to her house and watered her plants, fed her goldfish and gave her snake some water. That was a different experience, the whole snake thing. I think that he was angry with me for neglecting him for so long because he was out and watched me the entire time that I struggled to open his tank and give him his water.

As for Ms. P, she's linked back up with her not so great host in Oklahoma City and they've made a truce of sorts. He's admitted that he's not over his wife and that he selfishly used her to try and get over the fact that the wife has left him and probably won't be back. Hmm...she's got a new bf that she's making the children call, Daddy, you think she's coming back? I'm glad that he's been able to finally cut her some slack and be somewhat honest. I still think he's a major DICK for having done that to her, but, as the old saying goes, people only do to us what we allow them to do. The moral to this story, folks: Don't meet anyone from the net and agree to move to another location to be with them until you've known them for a reasonable amount of time. What is reasonable? I'd say, at least a year if it's long distance. Personally, I wouldn't move for anyone that I hadn't known for forever, but, that's just me.

I'm sleeping for a few hours at a time and then waking. It's really a little unnerving. I feel somewhat disjointed. I look forward to the time when I feel like myself again. If only I knew how long that would be....

My son's father came to pick up our child. It was ok seeing him. He told me that he loved me. I've found that no matter how hard I try, it's difficult to be close with him. He's never been one to make me feel special. Perhaps I've got a huge ego or something. I don't know. He just makes me feel so very ordinary and doesn't ever seem to understand my motives or way of thinking. I should just let him know how I feel but it seems to take such effort and everything with him is a battle. That can't be healthy.

No comments: