Monday, September 03, 2007

To new beginnings....


It has been ages since I have visited said blog and poured out my thoughts and feelings relating to my reality.

Things have taken a nose-dive in many regards. Work has seemingly driven me into the ground. My last paystub revealed that I worked 26 hours of overtime, three hours of double-time and missed at least 11 meals in a two week span.

In spite of the efforts, my staffing numbers were less than impressive.

To crown that off, my lack of responsibility from a few years ago finally caught up to me and I am suffering financially. I am on the brink of bankruptcy---correction, I have filed for Chapter 13 bankruptcy and am a bit shell-shocked from it all.

My accounts have been frozen and therefore, my mortgage was not paid last month, nor was any thing else. My depression has been tremendous and I've been pursuing a second job in order to attempt to make ends meet.

I helped my elder sister to get a job with my current employer and she was involved in an incident while trying to prevent a fight. Unfortunately, she was painted as the aggressor by the actual aggressors and is now seriously considering submitting a resignation---as if I don't have enough problems....

I've been functioning on a minimum amount of sleep and making silly mistakes because of it. I have found myself at my wit's end and have threatened to purposefully get pregnant in order to be able to take a maternity leave! Lol.

With all of the chaos that has transpired in the last month and a half, I am inspired to work on making a fresh start.

Of course, from a financial perspective, I cannot make a fresh start until the terms of my bankruptcy are worked out next month. On the other hand, I can begin to make a list of priorities and work toward attaining smaller goals that will lead to my becoming financially stable once more.

I am definitely in need of some serious financial management education as well as budgeting. Thankfully, such education is mandatory for anyone going through the bankruptcy process. I only wish that I'd learned such concepts prior to getting into this mess.

I had a thought earlier today as I began to formulate yet another plan to implement in order to make a new beginning. That thought was that I've had countless new beginnings and they never seemed to work out. On the other hand, this is real life. We will not always succeed at every endeavor that we choose to undertake. It is essential that we never hesitate in the face of embarking on a new beginning. It is---after all, what this life is all about. Living, learning and improving.

To new beginnings...

No comments: